I am an Associate Professor of the Mechanical Engineering Department (MEE), at the University of Maine(UMaine), Orono, ME. I received my Ph.D. in Industrial and Systems Engineering from the University at Buffalo (SUNY) in Buffalo, New York. Prior, I earned M.Sc. and B.Sc. degrees in Industrial and Production Engineering (IPE) from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Bangladesh.
I am interested in investigating scientific phenomena and utilizing the knowledge to transform manufacturing engineering applications which helps reveal novel advanced manufacturing systems. My research is focused on three pillars: (i) design, (ii) materials, and (iii) processes of advanced manufacturing and digitization. The research area covers bio-ink design; bio-CAD & manufacturing; novel processes for periodic and non-periodic metal lattice structures; artificial intelligence-driven framework for advanced manufacturing; design for additive manufacturing. My research work has been published in reputed journals like Scientific Reports, JMP, CAD, RCIM, AM, Medical Device, Bio-fabrication, Biomechanical Engineering, etc.
- Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, The University of Maine (2022-Present)
- Graduate Concentration Coordinator, Smart Manufacturing
- Affiliated Faculty, Advanced Structures and Composites Center (ASCC), UMaine
- Affiliated Faculty, Bio-medical Science and Engineering, UMaine
- Affiliated Faculty, Interdisciplinary Material Science and Engineering Program, UMaine
- Assistant Professor, Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering Department, North Dakota State University (2013-2018)
- Course Instructor, Full Teaching Responsibility, University at Buffalo, Industrial and Systems Engineering Department (2011- 2013)
- Lecturer, Bangladesh University of Eng. & Technology, Industrial and Production Engineering Department (2004-2007)
Phone: 207-581-5183 (O); Fax: (207) 581-2379