Dr. Bashir Khoda is an Associate Professor of the Mechanical Engineering Department (MEE), at the University of Maine(UMaine), Orono, ME. He received his Ph.D. in Industrial and Systems Engineering from the University at Buffalo (SUNY) in Buffalo, New York. Prior, he earned M.Sc. and B.Sc. degrees in Industrial and Production Engineering (IPE) from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Bangladesh.
Dr. Khoda is leading the Digital Manufacturing (DM) Research Laboratory at UMaine. His major research thrust is in the area of computational geometry, periodic and non-periodic lattice structure, manufacturable topology, novel process plan of printed 3D part, bio-CAD & manufacturing, and tool-path optimization. His research work has been published in reputed journals like Scientific Report, JMP, CAD, RCIM, AM, Medical Device, Bio-fabrication, Biomechanical Engineering, etc.
- Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, The University of Maine (2022-Present)
- Graduate Concentration Coordinator, Smart Manufacturing
- Affiliated Faculty, Bio-medical Science and Engineering, UMaine
- Affiliated Faculty, Advanced Structures and Composites Center (ASCC), UMaine
- Assistant Professor, Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering Department, North Dakota State University (2013-2018)
- Course Instructor, Full Teaching Responsibility, University at Buffalo, Industrial and Systems Engineering Department (2011- 2013)
- Lecturer, Bangladesh University of Eng. & Technology, Industrial and Production Engineering Department (2004-2007)
Phone: 207-581-5183 (O); Fax: (207) 581-2379